At Spark Growth, we’re a growing team, passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. We’re a small digital agency with big ideas, and we’re looking to take things to the next level. And we want your help as we grow. Our company has 6 core values that we look for in all our new recruits:
- Strategic - go beyond checking the boxes
- Fired Up - do what we do with passion
- Resourceful - find the possibilities, not the problems
- Inclusive - be who you are
- Straightforward - say what you feel
- Results-driven - set aggressive goals, then measure and achieve them
Perks & Benefits:
We offer a fun, flexible working environment, a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks, and frequent team lunches!
- Winter 2020 commitment required (minimum 32hrs/week and up to 44hrs/week depending on candidate's availability). Candidate must be available from January to April to be eligible
- Compensation: Honorarium of $1200 for 4 months of internship and Academic Credit
- Our office is located at Dundas and Spadina (nice, huh?)
- Music in the office to give you that boost of energy
To provide efficient and well-rounded administrative and HR support in a highly organized and timely manner. In the process, you will be exposed to the workings of a digital marketing agency and have the opportunity to contribute to support ongoing tasks and gain industry experience.
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to learn different systems & processes quickly and efficiently
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use/learn a variety of programs including (but not limited to): Word and Mac operations, Excel, Google Drive, Google Sheets, PowerPoint, Mailchimp, Twitter, Facebook, Google Calendar, Google Presentations
- Discretion and a commitment to maintaining confidentiality
As a key support role for the company, the HR & Office Admin Intern will be involved in a variety of areas and will assist with the streamlining of processes and procedures by interacting and working effectively with the Spark Growth’s leadership team.
The role offers a significant training and learning component for the intern to be able to complete the tasks. The intern will also have on-the-job support, including mentoring and coaching. This role will report to the Founder and CEO and will provide administrative support to the rest of the team as required.
HR Administration and Programs:
- Recruitment & Selection: assist with recruitment processes for future internship programs, review and post job descriptions, partnering with Universities and Colleges, helping with screening candidates, and scheduling interviews.
- Onboarding and Orientation: assist with periodically reviewing the current orientation processes in place and identifying improvement opportunities as well as supporting with onboarding agenda and checklist.
- Performance Management: assist with organizing quarterly review cycles, create questions and organize one on one meetings, communication to the team, and set up meetings for executives accordingly.
- HR Processes: assist with reviewing and updating policies and processes such as Employee Handbook, Mentorship Program, Employee Happiness Survey, etc.
- Event Planning: assist with setting up a timeline, researching vendors, handling all transactions, and final execution of an internal event.
- Scheduling meetings, conference calls and interviews for team members, with a primary focus on the schedules of the Executive team members.
- Actively use platforms including Google Calendar, Sheets, and Docs to coordinate all meetings and ongoing activities.
- Responsible for operational oversight and supervision of mail and delivery services, facilities cleaning, maintenance and repair activities.
- Communication liaison and gatekeeper for initial contact from all outside sources, including email, mail, and phone calls.
- Assist team members with travel arrangements, such as booking flights, accommodation, and transportation as required.
- Assist in other ad hoc tasks and projects as assigned by management.
- Mac and Windows Operations
- Familiarity with Google programs: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Mail etc.
- Sherlock Holmes investigatory abilities for research and problem solving
- Precision in time management and scheduling
- Fast learner with ability to execute tasks in an efficient and effective manner