Spark Growth is seeking a Freelance Copywriter Specialist to work with our fast-growing agency in Toronto.
The ideal candidate has experience with Business-to-Business operations within one or more of the following industries: professional services, financial services, architecture, engineering, law or technology.
At Spark Growth, we’re a social media and content marketing firm that helps growing brands. We are looking to complement our in-house Paid Media team with freelance experts in particular complementary areas. We are passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. Our company has 6 core values that we look for in all our team members and partners:
- Strategic - go beyond checking the boxes
- Fired Up - do what we do with passion
- Resourceful - find the possibilities, not the problems
- Inclusive - be who you are
- Straightforward - say what you feel
- Results-driven - set aggressive goals, then measure and achieve them
To execute on thoughtful digital strategies that deliver real business impact aligned to client objectives.
- Exceptional creative writing skills
- Ability to adjust writing styles across multiple clients & match a specific tone, voice and expertise
- Acute attention to detail, highly organized and deadline oriented
- Ability to generate creative, results-oriented content and campaign strategies across platforms
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to remain level-headed under pressure
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
- Knowledge with Business to Business (B2B) experience
As a Freelance Copywriter Intern at Spark Growth, you are responsible for supporting our social team in creating content across all digital platforms that aligns with our digital strategy, drives to clear KPIs, and helps clients achieve their business goals. You’ll also be encouraged to pursue a creative development path, proactively infusing creative strategy into ongoing accounts and new business opportunities.
Strategy and Execution
- Write copy for social media posting plans, online advertising (social, SEM, native, etc.), long-form (blog) content, and website and landing page copy
- Review monthly analytics reporting and social listening intelligence to implement data-backed learnings when drafting copy for clients
- Contribute to client creative briefs and client strategies based on your deep understanding of online content best practices and performance
- Participate in creative brainstorms and contribute to activation ideation
- Develop response matrices for relevant clients, and complete community management and proactive outreach tasks across social platforms in accordance with client scopes
- Monitor key influencer conversations affecting client business opportunities online, and identify strategies to enter and engage the influencer conversation
New Business Development
- Research, copy edit, and contribute creative ideation to new business proposals
- Research and identify marketing opportunities for the social media practice, including media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Research, copy edit and contribute to winning award entries for client work at the direction of senior team members
- Strong writing and grammatical skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+,, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, Mailchimp and other scheduling tools
- Experience with one or more industries including professional services, financial services, architecture, engineering, law, or technology
- Familiarity with Google programs: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Mail etc.
- Basic understanding of social analytics and content terminology