Title: Senior Manager of Paid Media
Spark Growth is seeking a Senior Manager of Paid Media to join our fast-growing agency in Toronto. You will directly help to drive the growth of paid department by managing and scaling the paid media practice and communicating the value of a strategic paid media program to clients and prospects.
The ideal candidate is analytical with hands-on experience in developing and managing paid media channels including Search Engine Marketing and Display Advertising and preferably also Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Native Advertising and/or other related paid media platforms. It is also important for the candidate to be always learning and exploring other/new paid media channels and customer acquisition opportunities (e.g., platforms, media types, etc.). The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills and have an entrepreneurial spirit.
At Spark Growth, we’re a growing team, passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. We’re a small digital agency with big ideas, and we’re looking to take things to the next level. And we want your help as we grow. Our company has 6 core values that we look for in all our new recruits:
Strategic - go beyond checking the boxes
Fired Up - do what we do with passion
Resourceful - find the possibilities, not the problems
Inclusive - be who you are
Straightforward - say what you feel
Results-driven - set aggressive goals, then measure and achieve them
We offer a fun, flexible working environment, unlimited vacation policy, a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks, frequent team lunches, and an annual week-long team retreat!
To provide real business impact aligned to client business objectives through efficient Paid Media programs.
- Strategic in your approach to Paid Media (aligning tactics to a strategy that delivers on client goals)
- Strong analytics capability and ability to present key insights and data to clients
- Resourceful and creative in developing strategies for clients with limited resources (budgets are not necessarily small, but there is still a need to prioritize and optimize the spend, given the multitude of possibilities)
- A self-starter who can develop an effective paid strategy with minimal guidance
- Collaborative with other department leads (e.g., Social Media, Analytics, Design) and team members, working towards the best solutions and campaigns for our clients
- Ability to lead and guide junior team members
- Deep understanding of the digital marketing world (with a focus on Paid Media) and trends
- Strong attention to detail, organized and deadline-oriented
- Ability to develop and present compelling and strategic Paid Media proposals to prospects
- Business-impact focused, ensuring we are constantly driving strong results
Responsible for developing, executing and measuring successful paid media strategies for clients across a variety of industries. This includes:
- Developing and articulating customer/user acquisition strategies for our clients, including the appropriate digital paid media types and platforms
- Helping clients set goals, KPIs, and budgets that optimize available ad spend across ad types, campaigns and platforms
- Creating/overseeing all analytics and insights reporting for paid media showing our campaigns’ real business impact
- Ability to communicate key insights and business impacting results to clients
- Ability to develop and communicate Paid Media proposals to prospects in a way that is clear, strategic and ties back to their business objectives
- Managing an Analyst (and work in a growing team) to execute on Paid Media objectives
- Agency background with client-facing experience
- Experience managing $200k-1M+ ad spend budgets (per campaign)
- 4+ years experience creating and managing Paid Media campaigns that exceed client expectations across paid media channels including paid search (Google & Bing), display, YouTube and ideally various other paid channels, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Native ads.
- 3-5 years experience with Google Analytics
- Experienced in developing an A/B testing plan for paid campaigns
- Experienced in managing and optimizing campaigns directly using paid platforms (e.g., Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager), from strategy development to conversion tracking setup to day-to-day execution to deriving insight from the data
- Experienced in using Excel and Powerpoint to present Paid Media strategies and campaign reports for clients and sharing with clients in a results-focused, compelling way
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to handle competing priorities
- Experienced in working with a cross-function team to develop strong client campaigns and strategies
- Adwords automation experience
- Mobile paid experience
- Managing/mentoring junior team members in executing Paid Media campaigns
- Experience with other customer acquisition platforms/channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, native advertising, Adroll, email marketing and affiliate marketing. Note: Paid Social and email marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience with paid search tools such as wordstream, Kenshoo, SEM Rush
- Experience with Google tag manager
- Experience with broader analytics, including social listening, through platforms like Sysomos or Crimson Hexagon
- Basic SEO on-page optimization knowledge
- Basic HTML knowledge