At Spark Growth, we’re a growing team, passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. We’re a small digital marketing agency with big ideas, and we’re looking to take things to the next level. We want your help as we grow. Our company has 6 core values that we look for in all our new recruits:
- Strategic - go beyond checking the boxes
- Fired Up - do what we do with passion
- Resourceful - find the possibilities, not the problems
- Inclusive - be who you are
- Straightforward - say what you feel
- Results-driven - set aggressive goals, then measure and achieve them
Perks & Benefits:
We offer a fun, flexible working environment, a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks, and frequent team lunches!
- Winter 2020 commitment required (minimum 32hrs/week - up to 44hrs/week depending on candidate's availability). Candidates must be available from January to April to be eligible.
- Compensation: Honorarium of $1200 for 4 months of internship and Academic Credits
- Our office is located at Dundas and Spadina (nice, huh?)
- Music in the office to give you that boost of energy!
- Exceptional creative writing skills
- Ability to adjust writing styles across many different clients and match a specific tone, voice and expertise
- Acute attention to detail, highly organized and deadline oriented
- Ability to generate creative, results-oriented content and campaign strategies across platforms
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to remain level-headed under pressure
- Strong communication skills and a team-oriented attitude
As the Copywriter / Community Manager Intern at Spark Growth you are responsible for supporting our social team in creating content across all digital platforms that aligns with our digital strategy, drives to clear KPIs, and helps clients achieve their business goals. You’ll also be encouraged to pursue a creative development path, proactively infusing creative strategy into ongoing accounts and new business opportunities.
The role offers a significant training and learning component for the intern to be able to complete the tasks. The intern will also have on-the-job support, such as mentoring and coaching.
- Strategy and Execution
- Write copy for social media posting plans, online advertising (social, SEM, native, etc.), long-form (blog) content, and website and landing page copy
- Review monthly analytics reporting and social listening intelligence to implement data-backed learnings when drafting copy for clients
- Contribute to client creative briefs and client strategies based on your deep understanding of online content best practices and performance
- Participate in creative brainstorms and contribute to activation ideation
- Develop response matrices for relevant clients, and complete community management and proactive outreach tasks across social platforms in accordance with client scopes
- Monitor key influencer conversations affecting client business opportunities online, and identify strategies to enter and engage the influencer conversation
- New Business Development
- Research, copy edit, and contribute creative ideation to new business proposals
- Research and identify marketing opportunities for the social media practice, including media interviews and speaking opportunities
- Research, copy edit and contribute to winning award entries for client work at the direction of senior team members
- Strong writing and grammatical skills
- Knowledge of social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+,, LinkedIn, Pinterest
- Working knowledge of Hootsuite, Mailchimp and other scheduling tools
- Familiarity with Google programs: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Mail etc.
- Basic understanding of social analytics and content terminology