At Spark Growth, we’re a growing team, passionate about helping clients create meaningful, human connections that inspire action. We’re a small digital agency with big ideas, and we’re looking to take things to the next level. And we want your help as we grow. Our company has 6 core values that we look for in all our new recruits:
- Strategic - go beyond checking the boxes
- Fired Up - do what we do with passion
- Resourceful - find the possibilities, not the problems
- Inclusive - be who you are
- Straightforward - say what you feel
- Results-driven - set aggressive goals, then measure and achieve them
Perks & Benefits:
We offer a fun, flexible working environment, a fully-stocked kitchen with snacks, and frequent team lunches!
- Fall 2018 commitment required (minimum 32hrs/week and up to 44hrs/week depending on candidate's availability) Candidates must be available from September to December to be eligible.
- Compensation: Honorarium of $1200 for 4 months of internship and Academic Credit
- Our office is located at Dundas and Spadina (nice, huh?)
- Music in the office to give you that boost of energy!
To help contribute to the creative output of Spark Growth, expanding the original creative content across channels and clients. In the process, you will be exposed to the workings of a digital marketing agency and have the opportunity to contribute to digital support tasks to gain industry experience.
Responsible for supporting our design team with awesome ideas and a badass graphic design:
The role is ideal for a self-starter, who can show an amazing attention to detail and is capable of delivering brilliant creative ideas. The role offers a significant training and learning component for the intern to be able to complete the tasks. The intern will also have on-the-job support, such as mentoring and coaching.
- Balance direction and guidance from senior designers, copywriters, and strategists while ensuring design integrity and brand alignment across all touch points
- Work directly with the Design team, gaining direct feedback, mentorship, and critique in a small intimate team setting including copywriters, project managers, and strategists
- Be immersed in current and relevant concepts around the world, and can contribute to ideation and creative thinking with visual research and hands on exploration and iteration
- Work collaboratively with the team in brainstorming graphic ideas
- Contribute in other design projects, as required
- Mac and Windows Operations
- Familiarity with Google programs: Docs, Sheets, Slides, Calendar, Mail etc.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite programs: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, XD a plus
- Working knowledge of InVision, Mailchimp or other collaboration and/or email management tools
- Strong time management skills with ability to handle tight deadlines
- Ability to keep a level head with multiple priorities and ongoing streams of incoming requests
- Ability to use/learn a variety of design programs and UX services, including (but not limited to): Word and Mac operations, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Google Presentations and Google Sheets, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Adobe Creative Suite (Ps, Ai, Id, XD)
- Understanding of typography fundamentals
- Comfortable sketching and drawing
- Ability to make motion graphics using After Effects a plus
- Understanding of HTML & CSS is a valued asset