• Provide senior level management oversight and guidance to a team of managers responsible for Application DBA, ETL Development, and Platform Management teams within the Information Management (IM) group.
• Drive close alignment with the other teams to deliver comprehensive and robust solutions.
• Partner with the Infrastructure group to provide best in class platform management for all underlying technologies and drive clear accountabilities for operational support.
• Cultivate and effectively leverage 3rd party supplier relationships to help reduce costs, increase quality and create better speed to market.
• Foster an environment of continuous improvement on everything from estimation, design, development and support.
• Actively sustain an employee culture of high performance and teamwork by modeling appropriate behaviors and engaging with teams on key issues.
• Develop and retain future talent and leadership for the team.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
• 15+ years of progressive technical and management experience, preferably in Data Management roles.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience providing technical thought leadership for Oracle, Oracle Exadata, SQL Server, Informatica and DataStage.
• Experience managing Database Design and Development activities.
• Ability to drive a factory approach to ETL development and provide appropriate oversight on large and complex efforts.
• Experience driving best in class operational management capabilities to optimize data load processes to meet defined SLAs.
• Proven track record of developing talent through formal and informal mentoring.
• Demonstrated ability to assess priorities quickly and juggle workload to ensure the team delivers on all commitments.
• Proven ability in contributing strategically while providing tactical guidance and oversight to a busy and important portfolio of work.