Our ideal candidate will possess strong business acumen, coupled with the ability to communicate findings to both business and IT leaders in a way that can influence how our organization approaches a business challenge. The Data Science Director will not just address business problems; instead will be responsible for selecting the right problems that have the most value to the organization.
- Lead a team of data scientists who undertake multiple client engagements
- In collaboration with the product management and engineering teams, identify opportunities to leverage data science techniques in order to create new or improve existing products
- Advocate the use and potential of data science within the organization and in particular the executive, product management and engineering teams
- 10+ years of experience with applied machine learning
- Strong statistical background and experience with R or other statistical packages
- Strong foundation in coding skills relevant for data science, e.g., Pig, Hive, SQL, Python, etc.
- Strong expertise in building and applying statistical/mathematical methods, machine learning / predictive modelling in real-world use cases
- Track record of successfully managing a diverse team of highly skilled individuals.
- Strong ability to build collaborative partnerships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- PhD in a quantitative field (e.g., computer science, physics, engineering, mathematics, etc.)
- Must be inquisitive and can stare data and spot trends